Christmas is packed with good stuff and one of our favourite things is the Christmas beer.
But did you know that the Christmas beer dates back hundreds of years? Here are a few nerdy facts, so you can impress your friends with some X-mas beer trivia.
Did you know that…
- Christmas beers are usually stronger than normal beers. (Remember that when you’re downing them at the Christmas office party)
- They’re often spiced with cinnamon, orange peel, cloves or vanilla.
- The first actual Christmas beer was made in Belgium in 1926. It’s called Stella Artois and is still sold.
- In Denmark the most popular Christmas beer is the fourth bestselling beer (even though it’s only on the market 10 weeks a year!)
- In England they call them Winter Warmers (and they’re strong and dark!).